Mango Serrano Margaritas
Makes 4 drinks
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar, like turbinado or demerara
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1/4 cup Raven’s Original Mango Serrano Jam
- 1/4 cup mango juice
- 6 ounces white or silver tequila
- Serrano pepper slices, if desired for garnish
- Mix together the salt, sugar, cayenne pepper and lime zest in a small shallow bowl. Run a wedge of lime around the edge of each glass, and dip into the salt/sugar mixture. Fill each glass about half full of ice.
- Add the lime juice, Mango Serrano jam, tequila and mango juice to a cocktail shaker. Stir to dissolve the jam.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake to combine. Strain into the ice filled glasses, and garnish with a slice of serrano pepper if desired.