Makes 8 potato skins
- 4 small russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- Canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups already made Raven’s Chili Grande (see recipe here)
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Sour cream
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and finely diced
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat the potatoes with canola or vegetable oil. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and let cool slightly until you can just handle them.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out most of the potato flesh, leaving a small rim of potato and skin (use the flesh for another recipe).
- Place potato skins back on baking sheet very closely together to keep shape.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of Raven’s Chili Grande into each potato skin. Divide cheese and bacon amongst all the potato skins.
- Bake the potato skins in preheated oven until cheese melts.
Remove from oven, and garnish with a dollop of sour cream, tomato and chives.