Chili Grande Sausage Rolls with Mango Salsa
Makes 16 appetizers
- 1/2 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons Raven’s Chili Grande spice blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 8-ounce can Crescent roll dough
- About 1 cup grated Italian cheese blend
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- Raven’s Mango Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sausage in a small mixing bowl, and sprinkle Raven’s Chili Grande spice blend, salt and pepper all over. Using your hands, gently combine the sausage with the spices until well incorporated.
- Remove Crescent rolls from can and separate into strips. Cut each strip into three smaller strips lengthwise.
- Lay one strip on a clean cutting board. Place about 1 teaspoon of cheese on the wide end of the strip. Top with about 1 tablespoon of the sausage mixture. Roll up dough towards the narrow end of the strip, and place the roll on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips of dough.
- When all of the rolls have been made, lightly brush the top of each roll with some of the beaten egg yolk, and sprinkle with more cheese and the cumin seeds.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until pastry is golden brown and sausage is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve hot alongside Raven’s Mango Salsa for dipping.