Southern Egg Rolls
Makes 24 egg rolls
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Raven’s Original Chili Grande spice blend
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 10-ounce package frozen collard greens, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 14-ounce can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup grated jack cheese
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- Canola oil
- 1/2 cup Raven’s Original Mango Serrano Jam
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place pork in a cold fry pan over medium heat, and sprinkle with the Chili Grande spices and a pinch of salt. Cook until pork is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, breaking up with a spoon. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Place cream cheese, collard greens, black-eyed peas, corn, cheese and sausage in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine, and season with salt and pepper.
- Working with one egg roll wrapper at a time (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp cloth), place about 2 tablespoons of filling in center of wrapper. Lightly moisten edges with a little water using your finger. Start with pointed end toward you, and fold in sides and roll up tightly, pressing to seal edges.
- When ready to fry the egg rolls, heat a deep fryer or deep pan with about 2 inches of canola oil to 375 degrees. Fry egg rolls in batches until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oil, and pat dry on paper towels.
- Mix together the Mango Serrano Jam and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl until smooth. Serve the egg rolls with the sauce.