- With a mixer, beat the egg yolks until they begin to lighten in color.
- Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the cream, milk, brandy and mulling spices and stir to combine.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the mixture.
- Chill for at least an hour and serve.
*Consuming raw or under-cooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food borne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly refrigerated, clean grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell. For recipes that call for eggs that are raw or under-cooked when the dish is served, use eggs that have shells that have
been treated to destroy salmonella, by pasteurization or another approved method.