Can't decide between apple pie or apple cake? Look no further than this clever recipe for apple pie cake - the perfect way to put some of those fresh picked apples to good use this fall.
Here at Raven's Nest, we absolutely love fall recipes - and bringing that fall flavor to the kitchen is easy with our award-winning Mulling Spices. This delicious and aromatic blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, orange and lemon will take your favorite autumn recipes to the next level. Trust us!
This recipe made our entire house smell like autumn, and delivered those wonderful fall flavors in each bite. Apples are packed into this cake, making it a bit like pie (but so much easier than rolling out a pie crust, if we do say so ourselves!). Topped with a bit (or a lot) of whipped cream - or even vanilla ice cream - and drizzle with caramel sauce, and it's the perfect fall dessert. We hope you enjoy it!
Apple Pie Cake
- 5 cups of peeled and chopped apples
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package Raven's Nest Mulling Spice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t vanilla
- Cream together butter, sugar, mulling spices, and eggs.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture gradually into sugar mixture until smooth.
- Add vanilla, and then apples until just combined.
- Bake in greased/floured 13x9 cake pan at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!
Tried this recipe or have some recipe ideas for us? Tell us in the comments!
From our nest to yours!