Back to school season is upon us, and we thought what better way to celebrate than to whip up a little twist on a lunchbox staple - peanut butter and jelly bars!
These ooey, gooey, oaty, jammy bars make a great after-school snack, lunchbox treat, or a fun addition at your next potluck. They're super simple and easy to make, with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry.
And by using Raven's Nest jam, you'll take these bars to the next level with just a dash of heat that heightens the flavors of this tasty bar.
Strawberry Jalapeño Jam
Ready to give it a try? Let's get baking, friends!
Ooey Gooey PB&J Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Raven's Nest Strawberry Jalapeño Jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Set aside an 8x8 square baking dish (ungreased)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter until creamy. Add the brown sugar and beat on medium speed until blended. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture gradually to the butter mixture, beating on low speed, until all ingredients are incorporated and a crumbly dough forms.
- Press about 3/4 of the oat mixture into the bottom of the pan. Spread jam over evenly. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top, pressing down lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes our until the top is golden brown.
- For easiest cutting, we recommend cooling completely before cutting into 16 bars.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe makes about 16 bars, which went FAST in our house. Delicious with a big glass of milk, and about as close as you'll get to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (minus the bread). We hope you love them as much as we do!
Tried this recipe or have some recipe ideas for us? Tell us in the comments!
From our nest to yours!