We are OBSESSED with this new recipe for spiced hot cocoa - a delightful twist on a classic winter pick-me-up. Think of your favorite rich hot cocoa with a delicious infusion of fall flavors - made possible by our award-winning Mulling Spices. Topped with a generous helping of whipped cream or mini marshmallows (or both!), it's a real holiday treat.
Mix up a big batch to give as DIY Christmas gifts! Simply pour the mix into a glass pint jar, top with mini marshmallows, tie it with a bow, and add a little note with serving instructions.
Keep a batch on hand for yourself this holiday season - perfect for a cold winter morning, or a family evening Christmas caroling or checking out the holiday lights. It's sure to warm you up right to the bones!
Hosting a holiday party? Mix up a batch for a crowd and put together a festive hot cocoa bar with toppings like whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, marshmallows, or crushed candy canes!
Whether you gift this hot cocoa mix, share it at your next gathering, or keep it all for yourself (we won't blame you!), we sure hope you enjoy it. Happy holidays!
Spiced Hot Cocoa
Yield: Makes approximately 1 pint jar (32 servings)
Spiced Hot Cocoa MixIngredients
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Raven's Original Mulling Spice mix
- Mini marshmallows (optional)
- Whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, and mulling spices.
- Store in a cool, dry place in an air-tight container.
Spiced Hot Cocoa for 1
- Heat 12 ounces of milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk 3 teaspoons of cocoa mix into the milk until well combined.
- Pour into your favorite mug and add desired toppings. Enjoy!
Spiced Hot Cocoa for a Crowd (serves 8)
- Heat 12 cups of milk in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk 1/2 cup of cocoa mix into the milk until well combined.
- Serve to guests with topping options of whipped cream, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, or crushed candy cane pieces. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe or have some recipe ideas for us? Tell us in the comments!
From our nest to yours!