Brie with Sugared Raspberries
- 8 oz wheel Brie
- ¼ cup Raspberry Jalapeno Jam
- 8 oz fresh raspberries
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ -¾ cup of granulated or sanding sugar, for coating raspberries
- Make a simple syrup: In a small glass bowl or measuring cup, combine water and sugar.
- Heat in microwave until water is boiling. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.Cool to room temperature.
- Wash and dry raspberries. Pour ½ to ¾ cup of sugar into a shallow bowl. Gently toss raspberries in the simple syrup. Then roll raspberries in the sugar and shake them gently to remove excess sugar. Remove raspberries to a plate and let them dry for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Brie wheel on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Score the top rind of the Brie wheel and top with jam.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is softened but not melting out of the rind.
- Place on a serving dish and top with sugared raspberries. Serve with crostini or crackers.