Garden Party Roasted Cherry Tomato Hummus
Makes 2 cups of hummus
- 1 cup small cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for garnish
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 package Raven’s Garden Party Mix
- About 1/4 cup water
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place cherry tomatoes on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes in oven, and roast until starting to brown and burst open, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain chickpeas and rinse with cool water. Place chickpeas in the bowl of a food processor.
- Remove tomatoes from the oven, and let cool slightly. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the roasted tomatoes to a plate. Set aside.
- Carefully pour the oil and juice that is left on the baking sheet into the food processor with the chickpeas.
- Add the tahini, lemon, garlic, and Raven’s Garden Party Mix to the chickpeas in the food processor.
- Process hummus, scraping down sides occasionally. Add water as needed to get a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish hummus with the reserved cherry tomatoes, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with pita chips and/or cut veggies.