Black Bean Salsa Recipes
Black Bean Salsa Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds
- 4 teaspoons Raven’s Chili Grande spice blend
- 1 16-ounce jar Raven’s Black Bean Salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Sour cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
Rinse chicken breasts under cold water, and pat dry.
Season chicken all over with the Chili Grande spice blend, about 1 teaspoon per chicken breast.
Pour about 1/4 cup of salsa into the slow cooker, making sure the bottom is covered.
Lay the chicken breasts on top of the salsa.
Top the chicken with the rest of the salsa, and the corn.
Cook on high heat for 4-5 hours or low heat for 6-7 hours, until chicken is very tender.
In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the black beans and lime juice and stir to combine.
Serve chicken straight from the slow cooker over rice. Or shred chicken, and use for tacos, nachos or salads.