- 5 cups Granny Smith (or other tart variety) apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Raven's Mulling Spices
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter or spray a 2Q baking dish.
- Prepare the filling: Combine apples, mulling spices, vanilla, flour and salt in a large bowl. Stir well to combine. Place in baking dish. Add water, and top with butter pieces.
- Prepare topping: In a large bowl, mix all topping ingredients together. Stir until just combined.
- Drop batter by the spoonful over the apple mixture. Topping will spread to cover as it bakes.
- Bake 35-to-40 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.